Mary has spoken to thousands of people on everything from “Pop Culture Parenting” to “Leaving a Legacy.”
Though she no longer accepts speaking engagements, she loves to hear from people whose lives were touched by one of her many presentations. Mary always customized her message to match a specific audience and conference focus, but trends that impact children and their families was a consistent theme. Unique in conference speaking circles, Mary was consistently asked to come back, again and again. Speaking engagements took her to 30 states and six Canadian provinces. She appeared on national convention programs – five years at MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) Leadership Conventions, six years at Book Expo America, five years at Children’s Pastor’s Conferences, and others– only exceeded by the 20 consecutive years on the International Convention program of the Christian Bookseller’s Association.
Typical audiences included parents and educators.
National convention speaking venues included:
- Book Expo (American Booksellers Association)
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- National School Supply and Educational Association Ed Expo (dealers seminar)
- National Religious Broadcasters
- National Catholic Education Association
- Lutheran Education Association
- Christian Booksellers Association
- Children's Pastors' Conferences (International Network of Children's Ministry)
Mary customizes her message to match a specific audience and conference focus, but trends that impact children and their families is a consistent theme.
Conference evaluations consistently underline Mary’s effectiveness as a motivational and inspirational presenter:
- The content was rich and engaging ... I was in the back of the room watching them bring chairs in by the dozens ... As usual, you nailed it -- thanks for sharing your gifts and talents (and heart) with us all. various attendees in Colorado
- "Thank you so much for sharing with our staff of volunteers and school teachers. I heard many positive comments about your sessions. Several stated it was our best workshop ever." Alabama
- "Absolutely wonderful-So encouraging and informative! What a communicator!!" Illinois
- "Loved your presentation. I'm glad I came, even on my birthday!!" Ontario, Canada
- Your workshop was wonderful, as always. I hope your feedback was off the charts again. I'm trusting that the powers to be understand how important your analysis is." Georgia
- "Inspiring, encouraging, practical, relevant, great resources, research and handouts. Full of practical information and inspiration." Colorado
- "One of the things I most respect about your presentations, beside being very well-prepared and put together is the substance of knowledge and research that is so obviously behind what you are sharing." Michigan
- "The weekend was so beneficial to us. I've heard nothing but rave reviews." Texas
- "I am getting immensely positive feedback from those who attended." LaPlata, Maryland
- "Thank you for letting Jesus show through in what you do." British Columbia, Canada
- "Your presentation had rave reviews on our feedback forms. Thank you so much for showing us how the world is changing." Kansas
- "Your sessions on the weekend were certainly engaging and we spoke about you just last night at our staff meeting. We are constantly seeking out ways to draw our families into our program and you had some great ideas that we will look at incorporating here." Waterloo, Ontario
Standing room only crowd for the largest workshop at the International Christian Retailing Show in St. Louis.
Bill Couey,, of the CBA Board, recognized Mary for 20 years of service as presenter of the “Children’s Product Trends workshop.”
Mary’s popular workshop at the International Christian Retailing Convention, Greater World Congress Center, Atlanta Georgia, June 24, 2014. Mark Hall, lead singer of Casting Crowns, was one of Mary’s podium guests.